2BM Mobile Work Order
SKOV is a world leading provider of climate and farm management solutions. For more than 40 years, SKOV has developed ventilation systems, production computers and management programs to customers all over the world, ensuring high productivity and animal welfare.
SKOV was on a strong growth path and had an ambitious goal of doubling their revenue. SKOV was not looking to double the number of employees to realize this goal and many of the company’s work processes were both manual and offline with a high risk of error. Therefore, SKOV needed to do things differently and were seeking a solution that could digitize and streamline their work processes to realize their goal.
Initially, 2BM facilitated a Design Thinking workshop with SKOV’s service department, service technicians (end-users of the final app) and the IT department for two days. The purpose was to identify the end-users’ needs and to visualize our final solution proposal via mock-ups. Based on this, SKOV chose 2BM Mobile Work Order – a customized version that would meet all their business needs.
The final solution was developed and implemented via sprints using the SCRUM development method. At the end of each sprint, the solution was tested by SKOV to ensure successful development. With SKOV’s active participation in this process, the solution was constantly developed in line with SKOV’s expectations and needs.
- Many of SKOV’s work processes are now automated and digitized thanks to 2BM Mobile Work Order.
- Service technicians have quick access to the work orders assigned to them and can complete their work order from their device including time registration, photo attachments, check lists and material handling.
- The implemented system is automatically linked to the inventory management system; if a spare part is used to complete a work order, it is registered instantly in the warehouse.
- When a work order is completed, a service report is generated and emailed to the customer with a summary of the work performed, hours and materials used and photos to document the work.
- The solution is fully offline-enabled so that technicians can access and edit work orders even without an available internet connection.
- The solution has made the employees’ workday more efficient and has eliminated duplicate work. The risk of erroneous system input has also been minimized due to direct integration with the SAP backend and error handling in the application.
- SKOV is now equipped for future growth in the service business. SKOV can handle more customers in a shorter time. With a scalable system in place, the solution can be implemented abroad as well.
- The SAP Cloud Mobile infrastructure utilized by the 2BM Mobile Work Order solution lays the foundation for future solution development for other work areas and departments.
- Customer service has become better, faster, and more unified. After a service visit, a report is prepared based on a standardized checklist. The report includes photos and comments and is immediately sent to the customer after completion.
- SKOV can profile itself as a modern company using the latest applications.
“The Design Thinking workshop with 2BM helped us move fast in the design process – doing what usually takes months to brainstorm, analyze and plan in order to deliver a prototype in just one week. We found out what works best for us, how the new technologies can be applied, and what our users need from the application. It is very powerful to transform data and ideas into actionable prototypes in just 1 week”Ole Moth Madsen