2BM Mobile Work Order
SKOV is a world-leading provider of solutions for climate and agricultural management. For more than 40 years, SKOV has developed ventilation systems, production computers and management programs for customers worldwide that ensure high productivity and animal welfare.
SKOV was in the process of a strong growth curve and had an ambitious goal of doubling their turnover, but without doubling the number of employees to realize the goal. Many of the company’s work processes were both manual and offline resulting in high risk of incomplete registration. Therefore, SKOV had to do things differently and sought a solution that could digitize and streamline their work processes in order to realize their overall goals.
Initially, 2BM organized a Design Thinking workshop with SKOV’s service department, service engineers (end users of the final app) and IT department for two days. The purpose was to identify the users’ needs and visualize a final solution through mock-ups. Based on the result SKOV selected 2BM Mobile Work Order in a customized version that met all their business needs.
The final solution was developed and implemented via sprints using the SCRUM development method. At the end of each sprint, the solution was tested by SKOV to ensure successful development. With SKOV’s active participation in this process, the solution was developed in accordance with SKOV’s expectations and needs.
- Many of SKOV’s work processes are now automated and digitized thanks to 2BM Mobile Work Order.
- Service technicians have quick access to their assigned work orders and can complete them from their device, including time registration, image attachments, checklists, and material handling. The implemented system is connected to their warehouse management; If a spare part is used to fill a work order, it is registered immediately in the warehouse.
- When a work order is completed, a service report is sent to the customer with a summary of the work performed including the hours and materials used and documented with photos. This greatly improves the speed of “order to cash” workflow and ensures higher precision in invoices, thus eliminating eventual mistakes and reasons to hold back payments.
- The solution is fully available offline, allowing technicians to access and edit jobs when operating in poorly connected areas.
- The solution has contributed to a more efficient workday for employees by eliminating duplication of work. The risk of incorrect system input is also minimized due to direct integration with SAP backend and error management in the application.
- SKOV is now equipped for future growth in the service industry and can handle more customers in a shorter period. With a scalable system in place, the solution can also be implemented abroad.
- The SAP Cloud Mobile Infrastructure used by the 2BM Mobile Work Order is the basis for future solution development for other work areas and departments.
- SKOV’s customer service has improved, become faster and more aggregated. After a service visit, a report is prepared based on a standard checklist. The report contains pictures and comments and is sent to the customer immediately after completion.
- SKOV can profile itself as a modern company using the latest applications.
2BM Mobile Work Order – SKOV
Thank you for your interest in our case. Fill out your information and get instant access.
“The Design Thinking workshop with 2BM helped us move fast in the design process – doing what usually takes months to brainstorm, analyze and plan in order to deliver a prototype in just one week. We found out what works best for us, how the new technologies can be applied, and what our users need from the application. It is very powerful to transform data and ideas into actionable prototypes in just 1 week”
Ole Moth Madsen Project Manager for IT and Business Systems, SKOV A/S